SALES REPRESENTATIVE FOR INTERACTIVE PLAY EQUIPMENT
Come play with us!
- Are you excited to join an organization that creates opportunities for kids to play?
- Are you a seasoned sales/new business development professional with the ambition to work in a dynamic, playful, and international environment where you can make a real difference?
- Are you looking for a fun and collaborative environment?
- Are you high energy, active, gregarious, confident, self-starting, creative, quick on your feet, self-motivated, a convincing storyteller, relationship builder and play advocate that is eager to learn and has a willingness to find new ways to move a business forward?
Headquartered in the Netherlands and US subsidiary in Austin, Yalp is a market leader in next generation interactive sports and play equipment. Yalp develops, assembles, and markets high-tech quality products. Active in 26 countries around the globe, Yalp has an ambitious international expansion plan. With their commitment to technological innovation, they keep pushing the edge of what’s possible for children in a rapidly evolving world and operate in a highly competitive industry.
Yalp leverages modern technology to drive fun physical activity in areas from sports training to STEM/STEAM education. Yalp innovates new ways to train, learn, play, and interact, creating equipment that is multi-use, multi-ability, and multi-generational.
The Yalp family is a young vibrant fast moving team that values freedom, drive, responsibility, a can-do attitude and entrepreneurship at all levels of the organization. FUN is part of the core principles.
To further strengthen our growth in the US market, we are recruiting a sales representative for interactive play equipment.
Together with the team, you will take our new subsidiary to the next level and represent our Yalp brand and culture, ensuring our partners have playful, high quality experiences with us.
This role requires an understanding of consultative sales processes and long-term relationship building within a variety of segments.
- Building and sustaining long-term relationships with key customers and turning them into fans.
- Identifying new opportunities, both with new and existing customers and convert these into concrete projects.
- Supporting our existing distribution partners as well as ‘internal clients’ such as our R&D team, service and export team at our Dutch parent company
- Being responsible for reaching objectives (KPIs) for the US market
- Forming budgets and forecasts
- Developing and executing the agreed go-to-market plans.
- Managing multiple tasks and projects at the same time and effectively shifting course when faced with changing circumstances.
- Engaging the play industry (planning and walking shows, building relationships with industry contacts and engaging influencers)
You will report to the President of the company. This position is remote, affording the opportunity for the person to be based in a home office.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Sales professional with a demonstrated track record of success in consultative selling
- Experience in transforming ideas into business cases and commercial proposals.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal in written), Spanish is a plus (Dutch would be asking for the moon but also a plus)
- Strong analytical, coordination and problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the playground/recreation industry a plus
- Located close to a major airport and willing to travel 50%
What's in it for you?
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Yalp creates an environment where people can realize their full potential.
You will have a great opportunity to shape the role and experience tangible results from your work. With the subsidiary in the US still being a start-up, your valued qualities and competencies will be put to good use and you can make a real difference both within the organization as well as the marketplace. We all know kids thrive when they play and we do too.
Competitive compensation base plus commission and benefits.
Questions and applications can be addressed to Yvonne Overmaat, email@example.com