- Yalp interactive equipment is completely accessible for wheelchairs, without being stigmatizing Interactive play helps children with developmental problems in developing more advanced communication skills.
- Interactive play removes barriers and will enable children with disabilities to participate in education and social life, reducing their isolation and dependency.
- Interactive play is truly inclusive and intergenerational and allows for great family fun.
Why inclusive play?
- 31% of the wheelchair users is under the age of 44. (307.000 wheelchair users Worlwide) (US Dept of Health)
- 15% of children aged 3-17 years have one or more developmental disabilties (Center for disease control and prefention)
- 15% of the world’s population lives with some form of disability, of whom 2-4% experience significant difficulties in functioning. (World Health Organisation)
Motivate children with developmental problems to seek new challenges
Inclusion means everyone regardless of background, age, gender, and ability should have the same opportunities in life to explore and achieve. Though we still see that the group with special needs or disabilities is most neglected in playground design. Most inclusive play solutions that are being offered are often stigmatizing or not interesting enough.
Several studies suggest that children with developmental disabilities often struggle with decreased motivation to interact with objects in the context of play. A challenge is to find the right balance between structured play and free play for children with developmental disabilities, so that they are intrinsically motivated in their play and have an increasing motor and cognitive development.
Disability is a socially created problem and it is up to all of us to make the environmental changes necessary to allow for the full participation of people with disabilities in all areas of social life. We strive to create completely unique sports- and playgrounds that punctuate, not define a play space, embracing the true meaning of inclusion. The Yalp interactive products have no barriers, are not stigmatizing and will excite everyone.
Thinking about what products would provide most play value for all children? With over 10 years of experience in product and play area design we are happy to offer practical advice, help identify changes to existing parks, or offer ideas for new designs to make them more engaging and accessible. The result is a range of educational, fun outdoor play products and over 250 play areas worldwide that have been specially designed to excite and intrigue children of all kinds.
Read more facts about inclusive play, download our infographic here.
- For all ages and abilities
- Intuitive and easy to understand
- Barrierfree playfloor (wheelchair accessible)
- Wide range of games with difficulty levels
Inclusive play projects
Interactive inclusive play products
Yalp Sona play arch
The Yalp Sona experience goes beyond the accessibility guidelines as children of all abilities truly play alongside one another. The play arch is truly inclusive, and completely accessible for wheelchairs, without being stigmatizing.
Yalp Memo activity zone
The Yalp Memo play floor is accessible with any kind of wheelchrair or support. Children with physical or emotional barriers can freely play with their friends and siblings.
"In Helsingborg, we chose to place the Fono on the boardwalk right by the sea. It was an optimal spot"
The Yalp Memo spreads joy and also gives students who have it difficult socially the possibility to join the community.
“If you get children interested in active passtimes when they are young, the inspiration will often last a lifetime."