UK children spend less time outdoors than prison inmates
Three out of four British children spend less time outdoors than the average prison inmate. UK newspaper The Guardian further writes that one out of five UK children doesn’t even get outdoors at all during the average day. Research shows that 74 percent of kids between the ages of 5 and 12 get less than one hour of outdoor play time per day. This all the while prison inmates get one full hour of mandatory “airing” time on a daily basis. Experts say that ample outdoor activity is crucial to the health, well-being and development of children.
Our solution to get and stay outdoors much more
“All of the Yalp Interactive products are simple to understand, and encourage free play. It gives kids, teens and families great incentive to get and stay outdoors much more.”
Mat Mathieu Gielen – MSc. Delft University of Technology
Our interactive products
See how interactive play challenges the new generations
Examples of ideal locations for our interactive products
- Engage children in fun active games on their playgrounds
- Offer a wider selection of activities at your leisure facilities
- Keep the elderly fit and active outdoors
- Inspire the community to use their local outdoor parks and spaces
- Make your Museum a destination with fun new activities
- Attract high visitor numbers at your holiday park with the unique
- Offer more variety of play activities within your family entertainment centre.
- Provide active play concepts at your amusement park
- Make your campsite stand out from the rest
"In Helsingborg, we chose to place the Fono on the boardwalk right by the sea. It was an optimal spot"
The Yalp Memo spreads joy and also gives students who have it difficult socially the possibility to join the community.
“If you get children interested in active passtimes when they are young, the inspiration will often last a lifetime."
Get monthly tips for free to make your play and sports area much more fun and attractive.